November 2013 News
Fangio Monaco Winning Maserati 250F
C&G were very pleased to offer expert assistance to the owner of arguably one of the most important and valuable racing cars in the world - Juan Manuel Fangio's 1957 Monaco Grand Prix winning Maserati 250F. The car, which on top of taking victory at Monaco was a notable winner of many other Grands Prix, is owned by a private collector and life-long friend and customer of Crosthwaite & Gardiner.
The famous car was suffering from a leaking radiator and leaking engine oil tank. Being the original parts of such an important car, it was imperative that they were retained and sympathetically repaired, not simply replaced. The car is no museum piece; it is used as it was intended, so the parts have to retain complete reliability.
Conservation of originality is absolutely vital to the restoration or any car, especially those which have incredible history and provenance. C&G's highly skilled fabricator managed to repair both the radiator and the oil tank using the traditional manufacturing methods that were employed by the Maserati factory in order to produce invisible yet secure repairs.
- June 2015 News
- October 2014 - Autumn Production
- September 2014 - Goodwood Revival
- August 2014 - The Busy Factory
- July 2014 - Machinery and Charity
- June 2014 - Racing and Trips Galore
- May 2014 - Prescott and Wheels
- April 2014 - Auto Union V12 Engine
- March 2014 - Techno Classica, Essen
- February 2014 - Lister Cars, Race Retro
- January 2014 - Show Season Begins
- December 2013 - Ferrari Month
- November 2013 - Fangio's Maserati 250F
- October 2013 - Dick's 70th Birthday
- September 2013 - Goodwood Revival