July 2014 News
Machinery and Charity
The busy factory has only been a small part of Crosthwaite & Gardiner's involvement in historic motorsport and manufacturing this month. Perhaps the biggest claim to fame has been an appearance in Machinery magazine.
Machinery's July issue featured Crosthwaite & Gardiner as part of a 5-axis machining supplement, and the cover seen here is a photograph of one of our Jaguar Wide Angle cylinder heads being ported. The feature detailed the processes we use to simultaneously 5-axis machine cylinder heads using a TR-310 Trunnion on one of our Haas VF-6 machines. The full supplement can be viewed here: http://www.machinery.co.uk/machinery-online-magazine/2799
The North Kent branch of the Lotus 7 Owners Club GB came along earlier in the month for a factory tour, with donations being given towards the C&G charity of choice, Hospice in the Weald. £330 was raised and the club members had a very enjoyable day.
Great news within Dick Crosthwaite's personal collection this month, as his Porsche 356 was awarded the COYS 'Spirit of Motoring' trophy at the Blenheim Palace concours event. Dick can often be found out on the roads using the German classic.
Another historic Porsche making our news this month is the Sebring- and Daytona-winning Porsche 993 GT2 which our Sales Manager was lucky enough to catch a ride in at Silverstone Classic. Philip spent around 30 minutes lapping the Silverstone circuit, enjoying what a relatively modern GT car can do alongside a number of McLarens, Ascaris and other GT contenders.
Meanwhile at the factory, progress has been made on a long-term project that Crosthwaite & Gardiner are producing from the ground-up. Fabricator Mike can be seen here plasmacutting sections of the chassis, ready to be welded together. In the meantime the machine shop has been machining suspension uprights from billet and many more large components.
- June 2015 News
- October 2014 - Autumn Production
- September 2014 - Goodwood Revival
- August 2014 - The Busy Factory
- July 2014 - Machinery and Charity
- June 2014 - Racing and Trips Galore
- May 2014 - Prescott and Wheels
- April 2014 - Auto Union V12 Engine
- March 2014 - Techno Classica, Essen
- February 2014 - Lister Cars, Race Retro
- January 2014 - Show Season Begins
- December 2013 - Ferrari Month
- November 2013 - Fangio's Maserati 250F
- October 2013 - Dick's 70th Birthday
- September 2013 - Goodwood Revival