February 2014 News
Lister Cars and Race Retro
February's Race Retro show not only marked an important date in the Crosthwaite & Gardiner calendar, but also the exciting re-launch of Lister Cars.
This year's Race Retro show (21-23 February) at Stoneleigh Park heralded exciting news including the relaunch of Lister Cars; the firm was purchased from George Lister Engineering Limited and re-formed to bring together all the elements of the Lister brand under one roof. Part of this reformation has included the re-release of the 1958 Lister Jaguar 'Knobbly', which is being built in the Lister Factory in Cambridge and is available for road or race use.
Crosthwaite & Gardiner's expertise with both historic race vehicles and the ubiquitous Jaguar straight-six engine meant that we were a natural choice for partnering with Lister. Not only are we the supplier of the wide-angle head 3.8-litre, dry-sump engines and D Type gearboxes as found in the new Knobbly vehicles, but we are one of two approved distributors for Lister parts and also an approved agent for original chassis verification. Images courtesy of Lister.
Race Retro has always been an important show for Crosthwaite & Gardiner as one of Europe’s biggest dedicated historic motorsport events. As ever the C&G stand exhibited a number of our magnesium and alloy wheels (including Bugatti, Porsche, Cobra, GT40, Cooper and Lotus) along with one of our fuel injected Jaguar 3.8-litre race engines and a plethora of smaller components.
- June 2015 News
- October 2014 - Autumn Production
- September 2014 - Goodwood Revival
- August 2014 - The Busy Factory
- July 2014 - Machinery and Charity
- June 2014 - Racing and Trips Galore
- May 2014 - Prescott and Wheels
- April 2014 - Auto Union V12 Engine
- March 2014 - Techno Classica, Essen
- February 2014 - Lister Cars, Race Retro
- January 2014 - Show Season Begins
- December 2013 - Ferrari Month
- November 2013 - Fangio's Maserati 250F
- October 2013 - Dick's 70th Birthday
- September 2013 - Goodwood Revival