April 2014 News
Auto Union V12 Engine Complete
Crosthwaite & Gardiner has become a name well associated with the pre-war Auto Union vehicles - April saw the completion of another engine for Auto Union GmbH.
At Crosthwaite & Gardiner we have become synonymous with the Auto Union 'Silver Arrows', and April saw the completion of another project for Auto Union GmbH. This latest task was the rebuild of a supercharged V12 that we originally built nearly a decade ago when we created a replica 1939 Type D Grand Prix car for Auto Union.
The engine was completely stripped down and rebuilt with the necessary components to render it as-new, before being run in on our in-house engine dyno and delivered back to Germany. Originally these engines produced some 485bhp and use three camshafts, along with many other unique design features.
- June 2015 News
- October 2014 - Autumn Production
- September 2014 - Goodwood Revival
- August 2014 - The Busy Factory
- July 2014 - Machinery and Charity
- June 2014 - Racing and Trips Galore
- May 2014 - Prescott and Wheels
- April 2014 - Auto Union V12 Engine
- March 2014 - Techno Classica, Essen
- February 2014 - Lister Cars, Race Retro
- January 2014 - Show Season Begins
- December 2013 - Ferrari Month
- November 2013 - Fangio's Maserati 250F
- October 2013 - Dick's 70th Birthday
- September 2013 - Goodwood Revival